As of Spring 2020, this will now be known as BIODYNAMIC FASCIAL INTEGRATION. 2019 Intake is now FULL and underway! Your application will be for a start date of Spring 2020 or 2021.
The Biodynamic Fascial Integration Series takes the practitioner on a journey through anatomy, structure & function, using an approach that is osteopathic, considering all the tissue layers & relationships between them near and far. We challenge the participant to bring the subtle body to the forefront, allowing the tissue response to guide the treatment. The first 3 courses lay the ground work for the entire series.
The courses are currently laid out as the following: Please note all titles & order of presentation are subject to change at the discretion of instructors.
**For license manual therapists only
1. Craniosacral Therapy
2. Visceral Connections
3. Fascial Mobilization and Release
4. C/spine-TMJ-Cranium Region
5. Lumbo-sacral Region
6. Thoracic Region
7. The Extremities
8. Advanced Visceral Connections
9. The Tie that Binds – A Culmination of the Series.
- Introductory level of Myofascial Release.
- minimum 2 years of experience with a full-time practice as R.M.T. or other licensed manual therapy
- course experience with Natale Rao and/or Heather Gittens
- a willingness to experience and fully participate in each of the presentations.
- a willingness to change perspectives and possibly beliefs formed of the human body
- a willingness to change your view of manual therapy
- a willingness to practice the skills learned in each workshop prior to participating in the next workshop
- Craniosacral Therapy and Visceral Manipulation, not required BUT very beneficial*
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE SERIES:
- a series of 9 workshops over a 2+ year period
- each workshop is CMTBC accredited
- each workshop runs for 3 days; 6 hours per day for a total of 18 hours.
- the series will include components of Mobility and Motility testing as methods of assessment.
- Indirect, Direct and a combination of both technique approaches will be practiced as methods of treatment.
- treating dysfunctional tissue as the primary intention, “the condition” being secondary, i.e., a non-protocol focus
Each course builds on those that have come before. The progression of the series is dependent on FULL attendance & commitment; therefore, we ask that you consider carefully your decision to submit your application.
Each course is instructed by one or both instructors, Heather Gittens RMT and/or Natale Rao RMT and will be held at the Bodhi Tree Teaching Centre in Surrey, BC. All courses are 3 days long with the hours of 9:30am-4:30pm. We pace each course in a manner that maximizes your energy for the day to allow for as much retention & mindful participation as possible. Courses will run during some weekdays so you must be prepared to plan your work week around it.
If you are interested & want more information about fees or the intake process please email us below to request information or an application form.